Tobias travels to South-East Asia and beyond!

Because the ticking you hear is your life passing you by!

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

In my thirty's and slowly loosing my misanthropic streak!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The big Buddha



After breakfast we took a bus up to the big Buddha which is suppopsed to be the biggest statue of the man in Asia. The drive up was entertaining at best and terrifying at worst. A winding one lane road with plenty of meeting cars took us up to the place. I guess it's a sure way of imposing some beliefs about the afterlife before we got there.

Once we got off it was a fantastic, to see the big guy on top of the hill overlooking the whole thing was very humbling.I was told that the statue was golden in the beginning but judging by it's size I don't blame anyone for not polishing it. It's massive! And...Kwong was right, we did indeed need the food to get up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home