Tobias travels to South-East Asia and beyond!

Because the ticking you hear is your life passing you by!

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

In my thirty's and slowly loosing my misanthropic streak!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Finally in Hong Kong


Arrived in Hong Kong at 16.15 and got the first stamp in my new passport, great! Phoned Kwong, a good friend to meet up later (he who used to work at Dorling Kindersley in London before moving over here for good) and it was decied that it was ok to stay with him and his lovely wife Geanie. Took the express train into Central station for the rendevouz and got lost straight away, go figure, I guess it's just something to get used to from now so I took it in my stride.

After a few deep breaths trying to get my Swedish winter lungs accustomed to the 30 degree heat we went for a swift beer to let the jet lag set in properly and then headed out to Sai Kung which is the island where Kwong lives.
Dumped the bags and then headed out to The Point to check out Hong Kong by night which was a truly spectacular sight. Since land in Hong Kong is running out faster than ice cream in summer everything is built vertically. There are so many sky scrapers that it's almost impossible to distinguish them during daytime but it all comes alive in the night....neon extravaganza is an understatement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home