Tobias travels to South-East Asia and beyond!

Because the ticking you hear is your life passing you by!

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

In my thirty's and slowly loosing my misanthropic streak!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Beach bliss at Koh Samui



Took an evening bus from Bangkok that would take me to Koh Samui the following morning.
The bus was full which surprised me but I then realized that the full moon party was happening on the 11th at Koh Phang Nang.
The bus stopped a couple of times during the night but the biggest problem was that it was so damn cold. Now, being Swedish I should probably have reminisced of home with shattering teeth but I it was really hard to do while being stuck on a old bus knowing that there were another 7 hours to go.
I did the best thing possible and put on my raincoat and then finally managed to catch some sleep. Woke up just as we got to the ferry that would take us over to the island. Turns out that there were more may people than they had expected and myself and lots of others were not allowed to get on the ferry, instead we were herded back to the bus. A feeling started growing amongst all of us that there might a chance that they would take us straight back to Bangkok but luckily we were wrong. After another hour on the bus were taken to a huge car ferry and were given tickets so we could get on. It was all a blessing in disguise since the ferry we were on would take an hour instead of four on the other ferry.
Eventually got to Chaweng which is in the busy part of Koh Samui and found myself a nice little bungalow next to the beach. It was time for some real holiday after all the traveling around for the last two months. Since I still despite efforts haven't got really tanned I slapped on some factor 400 and headed for the beach and jumped into the water. It was more than fantastic, it was amazing. Swam around for ages enjoying myself (or trying to get rid of all the dust my body had gathered while being traveling) and then headed out for some drinks. Met quite a few people who asked me if I was going to the full moon party to which I responded "If I wanted to listen to crap techno and take bad drugs I can do it at home" which seemed to keep them quiet. Not sure why (sarcasm) but the thought of having thousands of whacked people rioting on a beach doesn't do anything for me. Apparently a bunch of people die every year at the party which to me only proves that Darwin's evolution theory was correct.
After five days of bliss it's time to raise the game and head for the beautiful island of Koh Tao.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now thats what i am talking about!
Have fun in the sun
Lydia

7:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home